BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Doctor visit #2

Well that is if you don't count all the times I went because I was so sick.

Went to the doctor yesterday. They took my weight and I have lost weight but they say I'm still in the ok range. The only thing we were in for yesterday was to listen to the baby's heart beat. Our little blessing played the role of troublemaker and was hiding from Dr. Jones when he tried to find the heart beat. After a good 5 or 6 minutes he finally located it and it came through clear, steady, and strong. We were amazed by the wonderful sound. It made the whole thing so real again for us.

We go back in on Friday to have an early screen for down syndrome done. It's nothing to worry about but since it runs in our family we decided better safe than sorry. The test is able to catch 90-95% of down syndrome cases in the first trimester. It consists of an ultra sound and some blood work. We are very excited about getting to see our little one at 12 weeks 2 days old. I can only imagine how much he/she has grown since we saw them at 6 weeks. I hope to get pictures to post for all of you to see the baby too.

0 comments: