BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mia Abigail 12/19/08

Friday December 19, 2008 started out like any other normal day. I was off work so I slept in a little bit but by 10am it was clear that this day would be one of the most amazing in my life. I thought I may be in labor so I called the doctor who said come in and let us see you and I called Mitch and said this may be it come home now! Sure enough off to the hospital we went expecting our little girl. Everything was moving along just fine and believe it or not labor was tolerable but boy am I glad someone invented the epidural! What a relief! Then around 4pm things took a very scary turn. Mia's heart rate dropped into the 70's and the doctor and nurse did everything they could to try to make it go back up but it wasn't going to happen. I was in the OR in about 2 minutes and Mia arrived about 5 minutes after that perfect and healthy. She was born at 4:17pm weighing 5lbs 12.5 oz. and was 19.25 inches long. What a relief to finally meet our beautiful, perfect blessing!

Here are some pictures of the days events for you.

Contractions are no fun what so ever!

Introducing Mia Abigail

First family picture, taken in the OR.

The new grandparents admiring Mia

Shhhh little girl don't cry.

She sucks on her 2 fingers just like her mommy did
Quick check up by the nurse

Close up of a beautiful face (notice the hand it's in her face just like in all of her sonogram pictures)
Mommy and Mia waiting to go home!

Mia Abigail, the BEST Christmas gift ever!

2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pics! She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her!

Emily Burns said...

I am ready to meet that precious baby of yours! She is a doll!!