BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Little Bit of Pink History

I received a very special gift from my mom on Sunday this week. She gave me two very special items for our baby girl.

This is a pink and white sweater with quite a history. My Mama (dads mom) bought this sweater for my mom about 31 years ago when she was pregnant with my brother TJ. Little did they know she was having a little boy who wouldn't wear pink. So my mom saved this sweater hoping one day she may have a little girl to wear it. And so she did, only I came along in May and it was too hot to wear a sweater so I never got to wear it either. Fast forward 28 years and here we are today. Mia is due December 31st and she has a very special sweater to wear that's been with her family for the past 31 years.


This picture is a very tiny pink dress with tiny flowers down the center of it. My mom saw this dress the day before she had me and decided she wanted it for me to wear home from the hospital. Only she went into labor with me the next day before she could get back to the store and buy it. Daddy to the rescue. She sent my dad back to the store to buy the dress. He got the right one and I came home in this dress a couple of days later. It is
my hope that even though it may be cold Mia can wear it home from the hospital too with her pink sweater.


My mom may never know how much these two very small pieces of fabric mean to me. I'm so glad she kept them through all the years for my little girl. Thanks mom I love you!

1 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Awww....so sweet! How awesome that your mom had these tucked away! I'm saving a few things like that for Jonah.